If you are a fan of everything Fall then you’ve probably already tried Starbucks’ new Crisp Apple Oatmilk Macchiato.
That first sip really does make you think of Fall, and it’s my new go to drink. If you’d like to learn how to make it yourself at home and have it every day for much cheaper-you’re in the right place!
The syrup is basically a simple syrup of equal parts sugar and water but with a few extra goodies added in. Bring to a boil and let it simmer gently until your apples are tender and you’re set!
Once your syrup is ready you can assemble your drinks with ice, syrup, oatmilk, and espresso and you have yourself a copycat of Starbucks’ Crisp Apple Oatmilk Macchiato.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger or 1 inch fresh ginger
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 cup of water
- 1 red apple, sliced into rounds
1. Mix all your ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. then turn down the heat and simmer gently until apples are tender-about 15-20 minutes
2. Remove from heat and cool down. Then strain into a sauce bottle or container. Store in the fridge for 2 weeks
3. To assemble the macchiato, start with a glass of ice, pour over 1 tbsp of syrup, 1/2 cup Oatmilk, and one shot of espresso. Mix and enjoy!