These spicy, tangy, and slightly sweet and chewy noodles may the the best way to eat rice noodles! It’s very simple to put together-simply mix the marinade ingredients and then add in cooked noodles.
These spicy Asian rice noodles are one of the most unique tasting dishes I have ever tried-and it’s so addictive! The flavors and textures work very well together, and it comes together quickly.
Start by bringing a pot of water to a boil. Then add in rice noodles and cook until ready. Each noodle cooks differently depending on the thickness and brand. I usually pick out a noodle and check after the five minute mark.
While the noodles are boiling, put together the sauce. In a large bowl, add minced garlic, seasoned rice vinegar, fish sauce, sambal chili sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, sugar, and a pinch of salt. Mix well until everything is combined.
If you would like to add protein to the dish, scoop up a bit of sauce and set aside to use as a marinade! I like to use cut boneless skinless sliced chicken thighs. Massage the marinade into the chicken (or whatever protein you prefer) and cook in a bit of oil on high heat until the outside develops a little char and the inside is fully cooked through.
Now, I’m your large sauce bowl, add your cooked, drained, and rinsed noodles. Mix thoroughly by hand until all the noodles are coated with the sauce and it’s distributed evenly. Add a large handful of chopped fresh mint and cilantro-this will add a lot of bright flavor!
Mix the noodles well and then top with cooked protein. And that’s it! Your super unique, spicy and tangy noodles are ready!
- 1 package thin rice noodles
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sambal
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro and mint
- Optional: carrots and cucumber, julienned
1. Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Then rinse and drain
2. Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a bowl. Set some aside to mix with a protein
3. Add rice noodles to the sauce bowl. Mix well
4. Mix the extra sauce into sliced chicken thighs or breast and cook on high heat in a little bit of oil. Top noodles with protein and enjoy!