A creamy and cheesy chicken sandwich that is easy to put together is great for an easy dinner and for feeding crowds! Made with chicken breast, spices, peppers and onions, and cream cheese, it’s easy to put together and ready in under 30 minutes.
This is a meal I make when I have chicken breast defrosted for dinner and a lot of people to feed. I just cook the chicken breast with all the spices, peppers, onions, and cream cheese and then pile it on to a toasted French bread loaf before adding cheese and slicing and serving!
To start, place a pan on high heat and add a little olive oil. Meanwhile cut the chicken breast into large pieces and toss in a food processor. Pulse on and off for a few seconds until chicken is chopped into fine pieces. Add it to the pot and try to get a single layer to allow for browning.
Season the chicken with salt, black pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Then add a good amount of tomato paste and stir in. Chicken should not be fully cooked through yet!
While the spices are toasting with the chicken, add a largely chopped green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and onion into the food process and pulse on and off again until they are finely chopped. Add the pepper mixture to the chicken and stir.
Cook until the peppers are tender and chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Then add a block of cream cheese and mix in until melted. The chicken is now ready!
Slice a French bread in half and remove some of the bread from the middle-this will make it easier to eat and allow for more chicken filling. Toast under a broiler for a minute or two or until toasted. Pile the chicken onto the bread then top with mozzarella cheese. You may be left with some extra chicken-either put it in another bread or save it for later. Place under the broiler again until the cheese is melted and lightly toasted. Keep a close eye-things burn very quickly under the broiler!
Slice the french bread into into 6 pieces. Serve warm with whatever sides you like the best with sandwiches and enjoy!
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 block cream cheese
- Mozzarella cheese to serve
1. Place chicken in food processor and pulse until finely chopped
2. Heat up a pot or pan on high heat and add olive oil. Add chopped chicken and seasoning and mix
3. Add bell peppers and onion to food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add to chicken and mix
4. Cook on high heat until chicken and peppers are cooked through, stirring occasionally to prevent burning
5. Once peppers are tender add cream cheese and mix in. Remove form heat
6. Slice a large French bread in half lengthwise and remove some of the bread from the middle. Toast under the broiler for a minute or two
7. Spoon on the chicken mixture and top with mozzarella cheese. Broil again for an additional minute or two
8. Slice French bread chicken sandwich into four large pieces or six slightly smaller pieces and serve!