Jalapeño chicken is a delicious light and spicy chicken recipe that’s quick and easy to put together. The chicken is flavored with ginger, garlic, and seasoned lightly with salt and pepper then ended with a spicy kick of chopped jalapeños for a savory and delicious dish. Enjoy with rice, bread, or even a salad!
To make jalapeño chicken, start by heating some olive oil in a pot. Add chicken pieces and stir fry. The best cut of chicken to use for this is chicken legs and thighs cut in half. Another option is boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into large chunks.
Season the chicken with salt and black pepper, then add a loooot of minced garlic and some ginger paste and give it another mix. Cook for about five minutes before adding a splash of water. At this point, cover the pot and let this cook for about 10-15 minutes.
Once the chicken is almost cooked through, uncover the pot and add lots of largely sliced jalapeños along with some chopped bell peppers (optional-but it adds a beautiful pop of color!). Cover again and cook for another 10 minutes or until the peppers are tender and chicken is cooked through.
That’s all there is to it! Enjoy your Jalapeño Chicken with a side of fluffy white jasmine rice or whoever you like.
- 2 lbs skin on chicken legs and thighs, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1/2 cup water
- 4-6 jalapeños, cut
- 1 red bell pepper, cut
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Heat up oil on medium high heat in a rounded pan or pot and add chicken pieces. Stir fry for 10 minutes
2. Season with salt and black pepper. Then add garlic and ginger. Stir and add water before covering and cooking on medium heat for 10-15 minutes
3. Add largely sliced jalapeños and bell peppers. Stir, cover, and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the peppers are tender
4. Serve with fluffy white rice, bread, naan, or with a salad and enjoy!