Pumpkin French toast is the perfect breakfast to welcome fall. A simple batter made of pumpkin purée, eggs, heavy cream, and pumpkin spice makes a decadent French toast; while the maple cream cheese drizzle takes the dish over the top!
If you’re a Fall person who loves Fall flavors like me, you will definitely enjoy this pumpkin French toast!
To make the French toast batter, add canned pumpkin purée, eggs, heavy cream, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and sugar to a shallow bowl. Mix well until completely combined and lump free. The batter is ready!
Melt a tablespoon (or two) of salted butter in a heavy bottom pan on medium heat. Once the butter is melted, dip sliced bread in the pumpkin batter and coat both sides well.
Fry the pumpkin French toast in the butter on medium low, flipping so both sides can get crispy and golden. It’s important to keep the heat low because the sugar and butter can burn easily.
The Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle
As the pumpkin French toast cooks, put together the maple cream cheese. Combine whipped cream cheese (regular will also work but it will be a little extra work to mix it in) with maple syrup and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Mix well until it’s lump free.
Assembling the French Toast
Place all the pumpkin French toast on a serving plate. Drizzle or spread on the maple cream cheese. Sprinkle on powdered sugar. And finally, pour over a little extra maple syrup. Enjoy!
Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 5 Pumpkin French Toasts
- 5 slices of bread
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2-4 tbsp of salted butter to fry
For the Maple Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Combine pumpkin purée, eggs, heavy cream, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and sugar in a shallow bowl. Mix well
2. Heat a heavy bottom pan on medium low. Add a tablespoon of butter. Dip bread slices in pumpkin mixture and fry in melted butter until golden and crispy on both sides
3. In a separate bowl, whip together cream cheese, maple syrup, and cinnamon until combined and lump free.
4. Plate pumpkin French toast. Drizzle over maple cream cheese, powdered sugar, and extra maple syrup. Serve warm and enjoy!