Are you a seafood enthusiast looking to spice up your dinner plans with a touch of romance? Look no further! This Seafood Marry Me Pasta recipe is sure to impress, whether it’s a special date night or a casual evening with loved ones. Combining succulent seafood and delectable pasta, this dish is a symphony of flavors that will have your taste buds singing. Let’s dive into the details of creating a dish that’s not only delicious but also perfect for a memorable meal.
Many variations of seafood can be used here. I’m using cod fillets and mini shrimp, but you can also use different white fish, larger shrimp, and even include other seafood. Scallops would be a great addition!
To prep the fish, simply cut into 1/2 inch cubes to make bite size pieces and set aside. If using frozen mini shrimp, defrost in cool water, drain, and set aside.
Melt some butter in a pot or pan on medium heat. Add cod and cook about halfway before adding mini shrimp. Season with salt and pepper and sauce gently until cooked through, once the shrimp it pink and opaque it’s ready! Set aside until ready.
To prepare the pasta, start by dicing a medium onion. Place a pot over medium heat and add a couple tablespoons of oil or butter. Add onion and salt and sauté until translucent.
Add in minced garlic and sauté until fragrant—a couple of minutes should do.
Next grab a jar of sun dried tomatoes in oil. remove the tomato pieces from the oil and chop. Add to the pot and mix.
Now it’s time to add the pasta! Use any pasta any you like, like dittalini, fettuccine, elbow, etc. Today I’m using tubetti. Pour it straight into the pot, uncooked, and mix well to toast and combine the flavors. Then either add chicken stock or water with a chicken stock cube mixed in.
Once the pot comes to a boil, turn the heat down to medium low and simmer gently, covered. Mix every few minutes to ensure even cooking. Once most of the water is cooked off and the pasta is al dente (you may need to add water if it dries out before the pasta is cooked), finish off the dish with heavy cream and mix well.
Putting it Together
It’s time to tie it all together! Pour in cooked seafood with all the butter and flavor in the seafood pan. Mix well until incorporated. Garnish with fresh parsley, serve warm, and enjoy!
Time: 30 minutes
For the Seafood
- 3-4 fillets cod fish, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 lb mini shrimp
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Pasta
- 3 tbsp neutral oil like grapeseed or butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 lb tubetti pasta (or any kind you prefer)
- 4 cups stock or water with chicken stock cube
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Parsley to garnish
1. Melt butter in a pan on high heat. Add cod and cook for one minute before adding mini shrimp. When shrimp are opaque and pink and cod is cooked through, set aside
2. In a large pot, heat oil or butter on medium heat. Add chopped onion, salt, and garlic and cook till onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant-about 10 minutes
3. Add sundried tomatoes and mix well
4. Pour in uncooked pasta and mix to toast slightly. Add stock until pasta is covered and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and simmer gently, covered. Mix occasionally to cook pasta evenly
5. Once pasta is al dente, add heavy cream and cooked seafood. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Seafood Marry Me Pasta is an exquisite dish that combines the richness of cream with the tartness of sundried tomatoes and the succulent flavors of seafood. This recipe is sure to be a hit at any gathering, impressing your family and friends with its creamy texture and delightful taste. Go ahead and treat yourself to this indulgent culinary delight!