A simple, one pot, beef and green beans stir fry that’s perfect served over fluffy jasmine rice!
This is my take on a viral TikTok recipe by foodiechina888 that uses minced meat and green beans cut small and is cooked with a mixture of soy sauce and oyster sauce.
As delicious as I imagine that would be, I wanted to make the recipe my own. Small chunks of meat would add more texture, so that’s what I went with!
Start the dish by prepping all the ingredients because everything cooks pretty quickly. I use a skirt steak and cut it into small 1/2 inch cubes. Then chop an onion, mince garlic, and get started cooking!
Heat a pan on high heat and add olive oil. Then add onions and garlic and cook, stirring frequently to prevent burning. After 5 minutes, add cubed beef and cook until it develops color, an additional five minutes.
While the beef is cooking, prepare green beans. First cut off any stems that may be left on. Then place a handful of green beans together and chop down the length in 1/4 inch pieces. once beef is ready, add chopped green beans. Mix well, then cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
While the green beans and beef mixture cooks, prepare the sauce. Mix together oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, sugar, and a Thai chili, minced fine. Uncover the pan and add sauce. Then add a splash of water to the bowl and swirl to get the last bits of sauce and add that to the pan too.
Mix everything in the pan gently but thoroughly and cover and cook for an additional five to ten minutes or until the green beans and beef are both tender. Do a quick taste test to check for salt and add if needed.
I love to swerve this over a bed of fluffy jasmine rice and topped with toasted sesame seed. We all enjoyed this meal, and I hope you get to too!
- 1.5 lb skirt steak or fajita steak, cut into 1/2” chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 12 oz package green beans, chopped
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Thai chili, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Sesame seeds to garnish
1. Heat a pan on high heat and add olive oil, chopped onion, and minced garlic
2. Cook, stirring for a few minutes, then add beef chunks and fry till color develops
3. Turn heat down to medium and add chopped green beans. Cover and cook for five minutes
4. Combine all the sauce ingredients and and add to green beans. Add water to sauce bowl and pour that in too
5. Mix thoroughly, then cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until beef and green beans are both tender
6. Serve over fluffy jasmine rice with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and enjoy!