When you’re in the mood for a quick and delicious protein packed meal-try this 10 minute tuna pasta! It’s packed with flavor, super quick and easy to make, and absolutely delicious.
Today I was craving pasta for lunch buuuuuut I didn’t have any meat defrosted! It’s really important for all my meals to be balanced and have protein to keep me full longer, so I decided to use tuna.
Now you might think that this would be fishy-but it’s not! Not at all! Frying the tuna takes away all fishy taste and leaves just a wonderful chewy texture.
Start the same way most delicious dishes start-by melting butter in a pan. Then add diced onions and minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes in the melted butter. In these kind of dishes I love for the onions to be sweet and caramelized but still have a bite to it-so only five minutes of cooking here.
In the meantime boil a large pan of water for pasta. Yes, I said pan. This means using less water which means faster boil time! Once the water comes up to a boil, add angel hair pasta and cook for five minutes. I chose angel hair because it’s the quickest cooking pasta. Seriously, what other pasta cooks in just five minutes?!
Now to your sauce pan (literally, the pan that you’re making sauce in) add a drained can of tuna and fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add a chicken bouillon cube, tomato paste, and season with black pepper. Don’t add salt! The chicken bouillon is very salty, I would taste for salt at the end and add if needed.
Finish up by adding cooked pasta to the sauce pan along with a splash of pasta water, heavy cream, and a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese. Take off the heat once the cheese melts and serve with fresh parsley.
- 4 oz angel hair pasta
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 can tuna in oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Parsley to garnish
1. Boil a pan or pot of water and cook angel hair pasta according to directions
2. Heat a separate pan over medium high heat and melt butter. Add onions and garlic and sauté for five minutes
3. Add drained tuna can and fry for 2-3 minutes
4. Add tomato paste and toast it in the pan. Then add a chicken bouillon cube and black pepper
5. Add cooked pasta and 1/2 cup pasta water. Then finish with heavy cream, mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkling of parsley