If you’re looking for the best creamy chicken soup you’ll ever make-you’ve come to the right place. When someone says “this is the best _____ I’ve ever had!” it becomes an absolute must try for me. That’s how this Icelandic chicken soup was born (I saw a TikTok and was sold). If you’d like to follow along a video tutorial, you can find that here.
Although it does have a few steps the good news is that it’s very easy to make!
- 1 lb Chicken breast
- 4 tbsp oil, separated into 2
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in half
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 10-15 garlic cloves
- 4-5 tomatoes, cut in half
- Kirkland Salt free seasoning
- 1/2 bottle Heinz Chili sauce
- 1 tbsp red chili paste
- Chicken stock or chicken stock cube and water
- 1/2 block cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken breast with salt and Costco’s Kirkland salt free seasoning
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry chicken until cooked through
- Remove chicken from pan, shred, and set aside
- Place bell peppers, tomatoes, onion, and garlic cloves in a tray. drizzle with oil and season with salt and seasoning
- Roast for 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender and develop color. You can broil a few minutes at the end to add more flavor
- Pour all vegetables into a large pot and add more seasoning, chili sauce, and Thai red chili paste. Cook for a few minutes until pastes are toasted
- Top with chicken stock and any leftover chicken juices. Bring to a boil, turn heat low, and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Blend the soup base in a blender or using an immersion blender and return to the pot.
- Add in cream cheese and mix until melted in, add back in chicken and then simmer for an additional few minutes until heated through
- Serve with fresh parsley, lemon wedges, and toasted french bread
Soup inspiration came from violet.cooks on TikTok