At this moment you can be 5 easy steps away from being in garlic confit heaven.
This has to be the easiest and most adaptable recipe with the most delicious outcome.
The actual confit only needs two ingredients-olive oil and garlic-but more can be added to adjust flavors according to personal preference
A video for the recipe can be found here.
I use a ton of garlic in my cooking so I started buying peeled and bagged garlic bulbs because peeling it myself always felt so tedious.
Usually I buy mine from my local Asian supermarket like Hmart but Costco is also a great place to grab a bag.
- 1 bag of peeled garlic
- Enough olive oil to cover
- Sprinkle of salt
- Optional-sprig of rosemary
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees
- Pour garlic bulbs into an oven safe tray
- Pour over enough olive oil to cover garlic bulbs
- Add salt and rosemary if using
- Bake for 2 hours or until garlics reach your desired doneness
You can enjoy this dish fresh out of the oven and store remaining garlic in a container in the fridge with all the infused oil.
Some ways to use garlic confit is spread on toasted french bread, spread on bagels with extra toppings, replacing fresh garlic in recipes, in salad dressing, in marinades, in pastas, in sandwiches, and so much more!