When my 6 year old took a bite out of these kabobs he said “woah…that’s reeeeally good,” and he’s our picky eater! These kabobs are made with simple ingredients and are ready in under 20 minutes.
Traditional recipe uses grated onions and the mix is spread onto a long flat skewer and grilled. However, I wanted to make it as easy as possible and without any extra equipment that everyone may not have on hand. I blended the onions instead and simply formed kabob trays and broiled them on a tray in the oven.
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- Pinch of saffron melted over ice
- 2.5 pounds ground beef
- Blend the onion until it forms a paste
- Mix together onion, salt, black peppers, saffron water, and ground beef
- Form ground beef into kabob shapes and place on a tray
- Place tray under broiler on high for 5 minutes
- After five minutes turn kabobs over and broil for an additional 4-5 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees
- Traditionally served with rice, curly parsley, broiled tomatoes, and raw onions slices.
2 responses to “Easy(er) Persian Kabobs”
I’m glad I found this recipe. It was such an easy recipe to follow and it tasted amazing.
So happy you liked it! Thank you for leaving your review 🙂