These pumpkin cupcakes were always a hit at the Farmer’s Market I used to sell in. It’s the perfect balance of dense but still moist and light and not too sweet.
Click here for a video tutorial for the cupcakes.
I bake them directly in these beautiful black and gold aluminum foil cups that make transporting and selling cupcakes so convenient. They are perfectly cupcake sized, comes with lids, and sturdy! Even though I’m not selling anymore, I’m still sure to always keep them stocked for my tres leches cakes and taking desserts whenever I visit friends.
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsps pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin purée, oil, and vanilla extract in a bowl
3. In a separate bowl combine all your dry ingredients and whisk
4. Combine your wet and dry ingredients-do not over mix
5. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners and measure out a portion using an ice cream scoop. Scoop batter into each liner cup about 3/4 of the way full
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean