This meatloaf is the best I’ve ever tasted—full of seasoning, cheeses, mixed veggies, and my special ingredient—crispy fried onions! Then slathered over with a sweet and savory brown sugar ketchup that’s broiled till caramelized and ready to devour.
Making meatloaf is a simple process, mix the ground beef with all the ingredients, shape it into a loaf shape on a tray, and bake! The difference between recipes are the ingredients used.
For my meatloaf recipe I use lots of seasonings, including salt, onion powder, garlic powder, Kinder’s Caramelized Onion Butter, Kinder’s Lemon Garlic Butter, and Vegeta. These can be skipped or replaced with onion and garlic sautéed in butter and cooled.
Apart from the seasoning, add frozen mixed veggies (corn, peas, carrot, and green beans), Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, fresh chopped parsley, eggs, plain bread crumbs, and my secret ingredient—French’s crispy fried onions.
Mix everything together, then dump into a baking tray and shape into a loaf. Place the loaf in a 350° oven for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
While the loaf is baking, mix together the glaze. Use the same amount of brown sugar to ketchup and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Mix well until fully combined. When the meatloaf is almost fully cooked through (about 145°F) remove it from the oven and slather on the glaze using a pastry brush or spoon.
Pop the meatloaf back into the oven for about ten more minutes or until it reaches 150-155°F. Then place the meatloaf under the broiler until the glaze is perfectly caramelized and bubbling.
Remove from oven and cool for about ten to fifteen minutes. Slice the meatloaf and enjoy!
Time: 1.5 hours
- 4.5 lb ground beef
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrot, corn, green beans)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Kinder’s Caramelized Onion Butter *
- 1 tbsp Kinder’s Lemon Garlic Butter*
- 2 tbsp Vegeta
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup French’s Crispy Fried Onions
- 1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
For the Glaze
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all the meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl and mix well until everything is fully incorporated
2. Place the mixture in a 9×13 baking tray and shape into a loaf. Bake in the oven for one hour
3. In the meantime, combine glaze ingredients. Remove meatloaf tray and drain excess oil in the pan. Then slather meatloaf with the glaze using a pastry brush or spoon
4. Place meatloaf back into the oven for about 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 150°-155°F. Place tray until the broiler for 1-3 minutes or until the glaze is caramelized and bubbling
5. Cool meatloaf for 10 minutes before slicing and enjoying
• If you don’t have or don’t want to use these spices, instead you can sauce chopped onion and minced garlic in butter until caramelized, cool it down, then add that to the mixture