If you love Lomo Saltado—a Peruvian stir fry with beef, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and fries—you will love this breakfast spin on it!
Traditionally Lomo Saltado is served with rice but since we’re having it for breakfast today we’re eating skipping the rice and adding sunny side eggs instead.
- 1 lb thinly sliced steak, cooked
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Red pepper flakes*
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 lb cooked French fries**
- A fried egg for each person
- Cilantro to garnish
1. Season thinly sliced beef with salt and pepper and cook on high heat with a little butter or oil. Set aside
2. In a pan with high sides, melt butter. Then add onion, garlic, tomato, salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes.
3. Then add soy sauce and vinegar and mix. Add in beef and cooked French fries and combine well.
4. To serve, top with fried eggs, garnish with fresh cilantro, and enjoy!
*Traditionally Lomo Saltado is made with aji amarillo paste but that’s not a very common ingredient so I use red pepper flakes instead.
**I cook my French fries in the air fryer as I’m making the rest of the dish.
One response to “Lomo Saltado Breakfast”
[…] Lomo Saltado Breakfast — […]